Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Make yer own

A few months ago, Josie (my wife) and I were trying to think of ways to escape our office jobs and do something enjoyable for a living. At one point during these brainstorming sessions, we decided we were going to open a microbrewery.

To kick off our new business, we headed to the local homebrew store and bought some supplies. Basically a bucket, some tubes, a glass carboy and a funnel. Microbreweries brew in 5 gallon batches, right?

Anyhow, after months of procrastinating, its finally time to brew.

First, a disclaimer: I have no clue what I am doing. My sister bought me How to Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Beer Right the First Time by John Palmer for my birthday. A few days earlier I had picked up a copy of The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian. I've read bits and pieces of both books, otherwise my only knowledge of brewing beer is derived solely from repeated viewings of Strange Brew and multiple visits to the Sweetwater Brewery in Atlanta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.